Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Peripheral intravenous catheter non-infectious complications in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Adv Nurs. 2020; 76: 3346-3362https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.14565
- Prospective study of incidence and predictors of peripheral intravenous catheter-induced complications.Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2014; 10: 993-1001https://doi.org/10.2147/TCRM.S74685
- Intravenous catheter associated complications.J Assoc Physicians India. 2010; 58: 194-196
- Intravenous catheter complications in the hand and forearm.J Trauma. 2004; 56: 123-127https://doi.org/10.1097/01.TA.0000058126.72962.74
- Intravenous catheter emboli: experience with twenty cases and collective review.Am J Surg. 1974; 128: 722-727https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9610(74)90057-9
- Broken intravenous angiocath–a case series.J Med Sci Clin Res. 2019; 7: 11-14https://doi.org/10.18535/jmscr/v7i6.03
- CT guided removal of iatrogenic foreign body: a broken intravenous cannula.J Clin Diagn Res. 2015; 9: PD28-PD29https://doi.org/10.7860/JCDR/2015/14344.6549
- A sheared catheter fragment in the wrist after arterial cannulation attempt: a case report.Korean J Crit Care Med. 2010; 25: 118-121https://doi.org/10.4266/kjccm.2010.25.2.118
- Accidental passage of a polyethylene catheter from cubital vein to right atrium: report of a fatal case.N Engl J Med. 1954; 251: 744-745https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM195410282511806
- Fracture of an intravenous cannula in the vein due to reinsertion of the guide needle: a case report.J Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 2: 28-29https://doi.org/10.5455/jcvs.2014224
- Self-inflicted and iatrogenic peripheral intravenous cannula fracture: a case report.Ann Med Surg (Lond). 2018; 33: 44-46https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amsu.2018.08.004
- The intravenous foreign body: a report of 2 cases.J Hand Surg Am. 2002; 27: 350-354https://doi.org/10.1053/jhsu.2002.31148
- Using ultrasonography for vessel diameter assessment to prevent infiltration.J Infus Nurs. 2016; 39: 105-111https://doi.org/10.1097/nan.0000000000000159
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Authors Seungho Woo and Sangun Nah contributed equally to this work as first authors.
Submissions to this column are encouraged and may be submitted at jenonline.org where submission instructions can be found in the Author Instructions.