Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Nursing
- What’s really behind the nursing shortage? 1,500 Nurses share their stories. Nurse.org.Published January 26, 2022. 2022;https://nurse.org/articles/nursing-shortage-study/Date accessed: October 16, 2022
- Trauma. American Psychological Association.https://www.apa.org/topics/trauma/Date accessed: October 16, 2022
- Definition of trauma. Merriam-Webster.https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/traumaDate accessed: October 16, 2022
- Stress, trauma, and related disorders in healthcare workers and their families.J Trauma Stress Disor Treat. 2021; 10: 265
- Mental illness-related stigma in healthcare: barriers to access and care and evidence-based solutions.Healthc Manage Forum. 2017; 30: 111-116https://doi.org/10.1177/0840470416679413
What is trauma-informed care? Center for Health Care Strategies. Trauma-Informed Care Implementation Resource Center. Published July 7, 2022. Accessed October 16, 2022. https://www.traumainformedcare.chcs.org/what-is-trauma-informed-care/
SAMHSA’s concept of trauma and guidance for a trauma-informed approach. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Published 2014. Accessed October 16, 2022. https://store.samhsa.gov/product/SAMHSA-s-Concept-of-Trauma-and-Guidance-for-a-Trauma-Informed-Approach/SMA14-4884
Menschner C, Maul A. Issue brief: key ingredients for successful trauma-informed care implementation. Center for Health Care Strategies. Published April 2016. Accessed October 16, 2022. https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/programs_campaigns/childrens_mental_health/atc-whitepaper-040616.pdf
Section Editor: Patricia Kunz Howard, PhD, RN, CEN, CPEN, TCREN, NE-BC, FAEN, FAAN
Please send submissions to: Patricia Kunz Howard, PhD, RN, CEN, CPEN, TCREN, NE-BC, FAEN, FAAN at: [email protected]