Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Early estimates of motor vehicle traffic fatalities and fatality rate by sub-categories in 2021. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration, National Center for Statistics and Analysis. Published May, 2022.https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/813298Date accessed: May 30, 2022
- Traffic safety facts 2017, a compilation of motor vehicle crash data. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration, National Center for Statistics and Analysis, US Department of Transportation. Published September 2019.(Accessed 30, May 2022.)https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi0-Ks0fb4AhXyk4kEHat_AD4QFnoECAMQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcrashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov%2FApi%2FPublic%2FPublication%2F812806&usg=AOvVaw27fDXPDgnbrUIAhqMCBvol
- Fatality facts 2020: older people. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Published May 2022.https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/older-peopleDate accessed: May 30, 2022
- Older drivers. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Updated July 2022.https://www.iihs.org/topics/older-driversDate accessed: May 30, 2022
- Chapter 1-the older adult driver: an overview.in: Pomidor A. Clinicians Guide to Assessing and Counseling Older Drivers. 4th Ed. American Geriatrics Society, 2019: 6-17
- Overview. National Safety Council Injury Facts. Published 2022.https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/motor-vehicle/overview/introduction/#:∼:text=NHTSA%20counts%20only%20traffic%20fatalities,30%20days%20after%20thecrashDate accessed: June 4, 2022
- Traffic safety and older drivers.J Emerg Nurs. 2020; 46: 235-238https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jen.2019.12.010
- Select physical performance measures and driving outcomes in older adults.Inj Epidemiol. 2017; 14: 4https://doi.org/10.1186/s40621-017-0110-2
- Development of a curriculum and roadside screening tool for Law enforcement identification of medical impairment in aging drivers.Inj Epidemiol. 2016; 13: 3https://doi.org/10.1186/s40621-016-0078-3
- Delirium, dementia, and amnesia in emergency medicine clinical presentation. Medscape. Published 2018.https://www.medscape.com/answers/793247-158301/how-is-the-mini-mental-status-exam-mmse-administered-in-the-diagnosis-of-delirium-dementia-and-amnesiaDate accessed: May 30, 2022
- helping mature drivers find their safest fit. American Occupational Therapy Association, American Association of Retired Persons, American Automobile Association.https://www.car-fit.org/Date accessed: May 30, 2022
- Chapter 3. Ultimate adult learning office.in: Edmunds C. Lowe K. Murray M. Seymour A. The Ultimate Educator: Achieving Maximum Adult Learning Through Training and Instruction. Office for Victims of Crime, 2002: 1-14
- Trainer’s toolbox-february 2012. Office for Victims of Crime, Training Technical Assistance Center.http://www.ncdsv.org/images/OVCTTAC_Trainer'sToolbox_2-2012.pdfDate accessed: May 30, 2022
- The impact of fund and enjoyment on adult’s learning.Procedia Soc Behav Sci. 2014; 142: 439-446https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.07.696
Earn Up to 8.5 Hours. See page 719.
Section Editor: Joan Somes, PhD, RN-BC (geriatrics), CEN, CPEN, FAEN, NRP
Send submissions to Joan Somes, PhD, RN-BC (geriatrics), CEN, CPEN, FAEN, NRP at: [email protected]