The current literature on concomitant large-vessel occlusion and S-T segment elevation myocardial infarction indicates no reported cases of successful revascularization by rapid mechanical thrombectomy of cerebral and myocardial arteries.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Nursing
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Hyperacute simultaneous cardiocerebral infarction: rescuing the brain or the heart first?.Front Neurol. 2017; 8: 664https://doi.org/10.3389/fneur.2017.00664
- Concomitant acute stroke, pulmonary and myocardial infarction due to in-transient thrombus across a patent foramen ovale.Echo Res Pract. 2018; 5: I9-I10https://doi.org/10.1530/ERP-18-0044
- Acute stroke with concomitant acute myocardial infarction: will you thrombolyse?.J Stroke. 2015; 17: 84-86https://doi.org/10.5853/jos.2015.17.1.84
- Aortic dissection presenting as concomitant stroke and STEMI.J Hum Hypertens. 2007; 21: 818-821https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jhh.1002208
- Concomitant acute right ventricular infarction and ischemic cerebrovascular stroke; possible explanations.Int Arch Med. 2010; 3: 25https://doi.org/10.1186/1755-7682-3-25
- Simultaneous acute anterior ST-Elevation myocardial infarction and acute ischemic stroke of left middle cerebral artery: a case report.Am J Case Rep. 2019; 20: 776-779https://doi.org/10.12659/AJCR.916114
- Acute stroke: from prehospital care to in-hospital management.JEMS. 2018; 43 (https://www.jems.cm/2018/05/01/acute-stroke-from-prehospital-care-to-in-hospital-management. Accessed February 26, 2020)
Jennifer M. Jones is an EMS Coordinator, WellStar Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, GA.
Robin D. House is a Flight Nurse, Erlanger Health Systems, Chattanooga, TN. ORCID identifier: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3083-8851.
Christina Ucci is a Staff Nurse, Emergency Department, WellStar Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, GA.
Earn Up to 7.0 Hours. See page 405.
Submissions to this column are encouraged and may be submitted at jenonline.org, where submission instructions can be found in the Author Instructions.
© 2020 Emergency Nurses Association. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.