Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Nursing
- Blast injuries.J Emerg Med. 2015; 49: 573-587https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2015.03.013
- Injuries from explosions: physics, biophysics, pathology and required research focus.J Trauma. 2009; 66: 1468-1477https://doi.org/10.1097/TA.0b013e3181a27e7f
- Blast injuries.Lancet. 2009; 374: 405-415https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(09)60257-9
- Blast injury 101.Updated June 10, 2019. Accessed October 15, 2019)
- Blast injuries.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 1335-1342https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra042083
- Evaluation and management of patients with blast injuries in the ED. Emergency Medicine Reports.https://www.reliasmedia.com/articles/4602-evaluation-and-management-of-patients-with-blast-injuries-in-the-ed(Published February 8, 2004. Accessed October 12, 2019)
- Prehospital recognition of wounding patterns in blast injuries. J Emerg Med Serv.Published October 26, 2016. Accessed August 16, 2019)
- Medical management at the explosive incident scene.Ann Emerg Med. 2017; 69: S20-S28https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2016.09.007
- Medical management at the healthcare facility.Ann Emerg Med. 2017; 69: S36-S45https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2016.09.009
- Primary blast injuries-an updated concise review.World J Surg. 2012; 36: 966-972https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-012-1500-9
- Blast injuries: fact sheets for professionals.https://www.calhospitalprepare.org/sites/main/files/file-attachments/blast_fact_sheet_professionals-a.pdf(Published 2008. Accessed August 3, 2019)
- Terrorist bombings. Lessons learned from Belfast to Beirut.Ann Surg. 1988; 208: 569-576https://doi.org/10.1097/00000658-198811000-00005
- An evidence-based prehospital guideline for external hemorrhage control: American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2014; 18: 161-173https://doi.org/10.3109/10903127.2014.896962
- Stop the bleed.Revised May 2019. Accessed October 15, 2019)
- Blast injuries: from triage to critical care.Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am. 2006; 18: 333-348https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ccell.2006.05.005
- High bilateral amputations and dismount complex blast injury.Mil Med. 2018; 183: S118-S122https://doi.org/10.1093/milmed/usy082
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care. 2nd Ed.).Jones And Bartlett Learning, Burlington, MA2019
Moloney J, Cardinal A, Welch M. Applied pathophysiology of blast injuries. J High Threat Austere Med. https://jhtam.org/index.php/JHTAM/article/view/20. Published September 10, 2019. Accessed September 10, 2019.
- Urban bombing: a trauma surgeon’s perspective.Scand J Surg. 2005; 94: 286-292https://doi.org/10.1177/145749690509400407
Earn Up to 8.0 Hours. See page 134.
Section Editor: Steve Weinman, MSc, BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, NHDP-BC, TR-C, EMT
Submissions to this column are encouraged and may be sent to Steve Weinman, MSc, BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, NHDP-BC, TR-C, EMT [email protected]