Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Nursing
- Effects of nurse work environment on job dissatisfaction, burnout, intention to leave.Int Nurs Rev. 2016; 64: 91-98https://doi.org/10.1111/inr.12342
- Reward frustration at work and intention to leave the nursing profession: prospective results from the European longitudinal NEXT study.Int J Nurs Stud. 2011; 48: 628-635https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2010.09.011
- Workplace justice and intention to leave the nursing profession.Nurs Ethics. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733016687160
- Determinants and prevalence of burnout in emergency nurses: a systematic review of 25 years of research.Int J Nurs Stud. 2015; 52: 649-661https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2014.11.004
- Factors that influence the development of compassion fatigue, burnout, and compassion satisfaction in emergency department nurses.J Nurs Scholarsh. 2015; 47: 186-194https://doi.org/10.1111/jnu.12122
- Maslach Burnout Inventory: ES Form.PsycTESTS Dataset. 1981; https://doi.org/10.1037/t05190-000
- The influence of areas of worklife fit and work-life interference on burnout and turnover intentions among new graduate nurses.J Nurs Manag. 2015; 24https://doi.org/10.1111/jonm.12318
- The determinants and consequences of adult nursing staff turnover: a systematic review of systematic reviews.BMC Health Serv Res. 2017; 17https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-017-2707-0
- Effect of meaningful recognition on critical care nurses’ compassion fatigue.Am J Crit Care. 2017; 26: 438-444
- Factors influencing registered nurses perception of their overall job satisfaction: a qualitative study.Int Nurs Rev. 2014; 61: 352-360https://doi.org/10.1111/inr.12112
- Burnout and work engagement: A thorough investigation of the independency of both constructs.J Occup Health Psychol. 2010; 15: 209-222
- Innovative retention strategies for nursing staff.J Nurs Adm. 1987; 17: 8-16
- Burnout and physical and mental health among Swedish healthcare workers.J Adv Nurs. 2008; 62: 84-95
Earn Up to 7.5 Hours. See page 475.
Section Editors: Cindy Lefton, PhD, RN, Charlie Peterson, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CEN, Christine Pittenger, MSN, RN, CEN, and Jennifer Williams, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, CCRN, CNS
Submissions to this column are encouraged and may be sent to Cindy Lefton, PhD, RN [email protected] or Jennifer Williams, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, CCRN, CNS [email protected] or Charlie Peterson, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CEN [email protected] or Christine Pittenger, MSN, RN, CEN [email protected]