Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Emergency Nursing
- Nearly 1 in 5 people have a disability in the U.S., Census Bureau Reports.https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/miscellaneous/cb12-134.htmlDate: July 25, 2012Date accessed: December 21, 2018
- Service dogs, psychiatric hospitalizations, and the ADA.Psychiatric Serv. 2015; 66: 87-89
- Service dogs in the perioperative setting.AORN J. 2017; 105: 365-369
- Avoiding EMTALA penalties [web log comment].https://www.hhhealthlawblog.com/category/emtalaDate: October 4, 2012Date accessed: December 21, 2018
- Disability rights and public accommodations: state-by-state.https://adasoutheast.org/publications/ada/public_accommodations_disability_rights_state-by-state_Final.pdfDate: February 2011Date accessed: December 21, 2018
- Information and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act.https://www.ada.gov/ada_intro.htmDate accessed: December 21, 2018
- The Supremacy Clause, original meaning and modern law.Ohio State Law J. 2013; 74: 559-622
- Service animals.https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htmDate accessed: December 21, 2018
- Americans with Disabilities Act Title III Regulations: Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by Public Accommodations and in Commercial Facilities. 28 CFR Part 36 § 36.302(c)(2)(i)(ii)Service animals.https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/titleIII_2010/titleIII_2010_regulations.htm#a302Date accessed: December 21, 2018
- Frequently asked questions about service animals and the ADA.https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.pdfDate accessed: December 21, 2018
- Dog bite injuries to humans and the use of breed-specific legislation: a comparison of bites from legislated and non-legislated dog breeds.Irish Veterinary J. 2017; 70 (Published July 21, 2017. Accessed December 21, 2018)
- Dog bites of the face, head and neck in children.W V Med J. 2011; 107: 24-27
Section Editors: Cindy Lefton, PhD, RN, Charlie Peterson, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CEN, Christine Pittenger, MSN, RN, CEN, and Jennifer Williams, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, CCRN, CNS
Editor's note: You may notice two additional section editors: “the Christines.” Chris and Charlie, two extraordinary minds, have joined the team and we are excited they will be taking Experience Talks to the next level.
Earn Up to 8.0 Hours. See page 226.
Submissions to this column are encouraged and may be sent to Cindy Lefton, PhD, RN [email protected] or Jennifer Williams, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, CCRN, CNS [email protected] or Charlie Peterson, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CEN [email protected] or Christine Pittenger, MSN, RN, CEN [email protected]