Implications for practice
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A new definition of children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 1998; 102: 137-140
- Training gaps for pediatric residents planning a career in primary care: a qualitative and quantitative study.J Grad Med Educ. 2011; 3: 309-314
- Ways to identify children with medical complexity and the importance of why.J Pediatr. 2015; 167: 229-237
- Emergency Care for Children: Growing Pains.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2007
- Family-centered care for US children with special health care needs: who gets it and why?.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 1159
- Technical report: pediatric and adolescent mental health emergencies in the emergency medical services system.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: e1356-e1366
- Associations of family-centered care with health care outcomes for children with special health care needs.Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2011; 15: 794-805
- Patient- and family-centered care of children in the emergency department.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e511-e521
- Policy statement: child life services.American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, IL2014
- An experimental evaluation of a model child life program.Child Health Care. 1988; 16: 244-254
- Helping children cope with health care procedures.Contemp Pediatr. 1990; 7: 141-162
- Child life programs in the pediatric emergency department.Pediatr Emerg Care. 1996; 12: 13-15
- Using action research to plan a violence prevention program for emergency departments.J Emerg Nurs. 2011; 37: 32-39
- Analysis of factors affecting satisfaction in the emergency department: a survey of 1019 patients.Adv Ther. 2004; 21: 380-388
- Characteristics of adult psychiatric patients with stays of 24 hours or more in the emergency department.Psychiatr Serv. 2012; 63: 283-286
US News and World Report. Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC: Stats and Services. Available from: http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/pa/childrens-hospital-of-pittsburgh-of-upmc-6232430/details. Accessed August 31, 2016.
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. Emergency Medicine Fellowship. Available from: http://www.chp.edu/CHP/emergency+medicine+fellowship. Accessed August 31, 2016.
- A review and analysis of children’s fearful behavior in dental settings.Child Develop. 1982; 53: 1111-1133
- Moving toward a nursing model in advanced practice.West J Nurs Res. 1994; 6: 205-218
- Assessing family-provider partnerships and satisfaction with care among US children with special health care needs.Acad Pediatr. 2010; 11: 144-151
- Family-centered care: current applications and future directions in pediatric health care.Matern Child Health J. 2012; 16: 297-305
Earn Up to 5.5 CE Hours. See page 294.