Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Violence: occupational hazards in hospitals.(Available at:)Accessed July 12, 2013)
- Workplace violence in health care: recognized but not regulated.Online J Issues Nurs. 2004; 9 (Available at:) (Accessed July 12, 2013): 7http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/Volume92004/No3Sept04/ViolenceinHealthcare.html
- Perspectives on legal strategies to prevent workplace violence.J Law Med Ethics. 2003; 30: 166-172
- Workplace violence: are some nurses more vulnerable?.Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2002; 23: 351-366
- De-escalating workplace aggression.Nurs Manage. 2003; 34: 30-34
- Workplace violence: issues in response.(Available at:)Accessed July 12, 2013)
- Nonfatal occupational injuries and illnesses requiring days away from work, 2010.(Available at:)Accessed July 12, 2013)
- Violence against nurses working in US emergency departments.J Nurs Adm. 2009; 39: 340-349
- Emergency Department Violence Surveillance Study.Emergency Nurses Association, Des Plaines, IL2011 (Available at:)Accessed July 12, 2013)
- A descriptive study of the perceptions of workplace violence and safety strategies of nurse working in Level I trauma centers.J Emerg Nurs. 2005; 31: 519-525
- Nurses' experience of adjusting to workplace violence: a theory of adaption.Int J Ment Health Nurs. 2010; 19: 186-194
- Patient-related violence at triage: a qualitative descriptive study.Int Emerg Nurs. 2009; 19: 12-19
- Registered nurses' and behavior health associates' responses to violent inpatient interactions on behavioral health units.J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc. 2012; 18: 112-126
- Aggressive and violent incidents: perceptions of training and support among staff caring for older people and people with head injury.J Clin Nurs. 2004; 13: 526-533
- Psychosocial antecedents and consequences of workplace aggression for hospital nurses.J Nurs Scholarsh. 2012; 44: 1-9
- Innocent or culpable? Meanings that emergency department nurses ascribe to individual acts of violence.J Clin Nurs. 2007; 17: 1071-1078
- Patients' aggressive behaviours towards nurses: development and psychometric properties of the hospital aggressive behaviour scale- users.J Adv Nurs. 2013; 69: 1418-1427
- Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing Among Five Approaches.2nd ed. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA2007
Earn Up to 9.0 CE Hours. See page 411.