Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The relationship between nurse caring and patient satisfaction.MedSurg Nurs. 1998; 7: 99-106
- Patient satisfaction and caring behaviors of the ED nurse. Poster session at: Annual Meeting of the International Association for Human Caring; 1996; Rochester, Minn1996
- Nurse burnout and patient satisfaction.Med Care. 2004; 42: II-57-II-66
- HCAHPS hospital care quality information from the consumer perspective: facts.(Available at:)Accessed July 8, 2008)
- Waits to see an emergency department physician: U.S. trends and predictors 1997-2004.Health Aff. 2008; 27: w84-w95
- Predicting the risk of compassion fatigue: a study of hospice nurses.J Hospice Palliative Nurs. 2006; 8: 346-356
- Compassion fatigue and burnout in nurses who work with children with chronic conditions and their families.J Pediatr Health Care. 2004; 18: 171-179
Chase M. Emergency Department Nurses’ Lived Experience With Compassion Fatigue [master’s thesis]. Tallahassee, Fla: Florida State University School of Nursing; 2005.
Alexander M. Compassion Fatigue Experienced by Emergency Department Nurses Who Provided Care During and After the Hurricane Season of 2005 [master’s thesis]. Tallahassee, Fla: Florida State University College of Nursing; 2006.
- Measuring compassion fatigue in public health nurses providing assistance to hurricane victims.South Online J Nurs Res. 2006; 7: 2-13
- The phenomenon of compassion fatigue in perioperative nursing.AORN J. 1998; 68: 642-647
- Secondary Traumatic Stress: Self-care Issues for Clinicians, Researchers, and Educators.2nd ed. Sidran Press, Baltimore, MD1999
- Compassion Fatigue: Coping With Secondary Traumatic Stress Disorder in Those Who Treat the Traumatized.Brunner/Mazel, New York1995
- Secondary traumatic stress and oncology social work: protecting compassion from fatigue and compromising the worker’s worldview.J Psychosoc Oncol. 2005; 23: 1-14
- Job burnout: new directions in research and intervention.Curr Dir Psychol Sci. 2003; 12: 189-192
- Coping with compassion fatigue.Nursing. 1992; 22: 116-121
- The ProQOL Manual.(Available at:)Accessed May 1, 2007)
- Treating Compassion Fatigue.Brunner-Routledge, New York, NY2002
- Overcoming Secondary Stress in Medical and Nursing Practice.Oxford University Press, New York, NY2006