Call for Papers on Innovations in Emergency Nursing
Evolving patient care challenges and workforce issues in the emergency department and health care system require implementation of design thinking to produce creative solutions. Emergency nurses have a close connection with patients and families, often during a crisis or unplanned health-related situation necessitating emergency care. Emergency nurses are poised to problem-solve and innovate potential solutions.
Innovation refers to a wide range of approaches, activities and interventions that may result in developing initiatives such as creative new patient care practices, use of technology (eg, for patient communication), health system improvements (eg, patient flow).
We are inviting papers on Innovations in Emergency Nursing.
Examples of innovative ideas and implementation of innovations in emergency nursing may include:
- Building on existing questions and problems
- Thinking outside of the box--or looking for unconventional approaches
- Persistence in finding the optimal solution
- Considering the patient as the driver of the innovation that needs to be produced and/or implemented
- Use of design thinking for process optimization (eg to improve patient care)
- Models of care for the emergency department workforce
- Workforce recruiting and retention
- Product or service innovation
Let’s SPARK the dissemination of innovations to emergency nursing!
Please see our current collection of articles for published exemplars of papers we accept. Please see our Author Instructions for more information. Submit a manuscript directly to the Journal of Emergency Nursing.